No more Taco meat all over the plate & trying to scoop it all up.
Copycat Fast food Taco meat:
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs Hamburger
- 2-3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- dehydrated onions
- First, in a small bowl, pour even amounts of dehydrated onions & water. Let them soak while preparing the meat. Appx 2 Tablespoons of each depending on how much onions you like. These onions are optional.
- In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground beef, 1 packet of Taco seasoning (if you don't like it too salty, use the low sodium mix)
- dump in 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix well with your hands.
- When the dehydrated onions have soaked up water & are no longer crunchy... squeeze out water in the onions with your hand. Add to meat mix. Mix together well.
- In a pot or fry pan, put in meat mixture & add 1/4 cup water. I use a potato masher to stir & mash at the same time. Cook till meat is cooked thru. You now have "Mexican Fast Food Taco meat".
- Tips & Warnings
- If you want it a little spicier, add some taco sauce or a little pacante sauce to the meat while cooling.
- "Smear" the meat up the side of a taco shell or on a flour tortilla. Then you will have meat in every bite rather than a mouthful of taco shell & lettuce.