Thursday, September 9, 2010

Healthy Homemade Oatmeal Mixes

I quit smoking 6 months ago & since then... saw my pant size increase by 2 sizes! 30 additional pounds! (and I'm not small to begin with!)

Well... I never really ate that much & never really ate too much junk food. I skipped breakfast but snacked everytime I had a craving for a smoke.

Starting this week, I began using the Wii fit (I like hoola hooping).... but also started to have a warm & filling Oatmeal breakfast each morning. In 5 days, I am down 3 1/2 pounds. Now that may be some water weight cuz I am trying to drink more water during the day... but it's a start!

Here are some "oatmeal mix recipes" that I got from
The Taste of Home
Get your
Apron on & make these to have for quick & easy breakfasts!
CHECK BACK FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.... A NEW OATMEAL MIX RECIPE EACH DAY!

Spiced Oatmeal Mix Recipe

18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.


Ingredients
8 cups quick-cooking oats
1-1/2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg


Directions
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.

To prepare oatmeal: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 1 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand for 1-2 minutes before serving.

Yield: 18 servings.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.

Nutrition Facts: 1 cup prepared oatmeal equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment